How to setup Google as a provider

When I go to the OpenID Authentication section in User management I just see a blank panel.

openid.jpg

1 answer

Google's support for OpenID has been deprecated.

Existing customers or integrations still using it are grandfathered (I think until March 2015 - but that is not an official statement. Check with Google.)

This switch happened last May/June (2014), and they now have their own more secure proprietary Google+ protocol authentication, which is very different. 

AppFusions was forced to 100% re-develop Google SSO for Atlassian Confluence and JIRA authenticators in order to support this new protocol. It was worth it; they work well now (and also support 2-factor authentication and a multi-domains, optionally).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6CoNFRlqFc

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

189 views 1 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you