How to set velocity manually?

David Csikkel June 8, 2017

Hello,

is there any option how to se Sprint velocity manually?
E.g. Because of holydays, team will have only 75% capacity for next Sprint and I would like to decrease calculated capacity 100 SPs to 75 SPs.

BTW, how to set velocity for the first Sprint? :-)

Do not suggest payed addons, please.

Thank you in advance

David C.

2 answers

0 votes
john feeley October 10, 2019

I just discovered this isn't possible.

Hopefully Jira adds this in soon.....it's like carrying the ball 98 yards and taking a knee.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

They are never going to implement "wedge random numbers in instead of reporting on the actual data".

This is more of a human problem.  You either need people to put the right data in, or come up with a way to allow for the variations.  I described "create an issue for the missing 25%" as "clunky", but it's a better option.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

You can't do this - the velocity is calculated from previous data.

A workaround (which I feel is clunky, and there may be others) is to create a dummy issue for the "missing" 25%

David Csikkel June 8, 2017

I have tried to set new number of SPs for 3 USs in 3 previous Sprints, reopened and close these Sprints. In Velocity report, I am able to see new velocities there, but for actual Sprint nothing changed. Any suggestion?

Suggest an answer