How to set various statuses as 'task done' that can be tallied in the jira reports ?

Ramzi_Soueid February 26, 2020

Hi - have a workflow currently that has 'Design Complete' 'Done' 'Resolved' etc labels for various stages and want to be able to see these as tasks completed in my velocity and burndown reports. I want to track what the designers are completing, what developers are coding/pushing out more accurately in the reports Jira generates.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Hi,

first of all, you need to use statuses rather than labels. If you want to track various activities independently, the most effective solution will be to start using sub-tasks.

For example, if you have a task that requires both design and development work, you can create two sub-tasks, one for the designer and one for the developer.

Ramzi_Soueid February 26, 2020

Hi Jakub - thanks for your input. I have essentially 4 verticals right now, Design/Development/QA/Release QA headers and various 'in progress' statuses under each and a 'done' status for each one (the ones i mentioned in the first post, 'Design Complete' 'Done' 'Resolved' etc for each column i stated). 

I can see how removing the design column and replacing with a subtask is one solution to solve the design tasks, but i'm looking to track the 'done' status in my reports for developers as well. So i'm trying to track every design complete, every done, resolved etc issue/bug and have it show up on the velocity chart, even if issue is not completely closed out. Can track issues on sprint reports potentially. 

I solved tracking commitments by editing the issue reporter and keeping the developer working on that issue tagged there, but i'm having a difficult time tracking what is completed on a sprint-to-sprint basis. Ideally we would be completing these issues/bugs by graduating code to the successive environments faster, but i need to be able to report how many tasks were completed per sprint, and completed currently means the various done categories for each vertical. Make sense?

Suggest an answer