How to set up escalation email?

Deleted user May 18, 2016

Hello,

I am still in the process of learning how to set up JIRA to our specific needs.

I do not understand why basic features sometimes are very well hidden or simply do not exist (such as the customisation of the customer portal or the customisation of notification emails)

Anyway, I am currently looking for a way to easily set up an email notification, that alerts a specific user, when an issue has been opened 7 days ago and not closed yet.

Basically a very simple form of an escalation email.

Any hint/ideas how I can achieve that?

Thank You so much

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2016

For this among other methods of escalation/notifications, I added the "Notification Assistant" plugin. Basically anything that can be a JQL query, filter, or event can generate custom email messages. Best tool I got for this purpose ever and it saves me writing and maintaining Groovy scripts.

mike

3 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

If you are using service desk, you can setup an SLA to achieve this, and then use an automation rule to alert you when your SLA has been violated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events