How to set-up default email to automatically update content in Jira

Duncan Kolwa February 9, 2016

I have been informed that Jira has the capability that  can  be used to attach an email account to email chains. So if we have an email chain going back and forth between members, the default email address is added as a recipient, and it will update automatically without having to log on to Jira. Can anybody help me on what I need to do to get this set up? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi @Duncan Kolwa,

First of all you need to set up your customer portal and have the summary and description as visible fields and all other fields must be optional. Then you need to have an empty inbox. Go to your service desk project and click on settings. Under Channels click on email settings and click on "Turn it On" and configure your email account. Now when a user sends an email to that account, automatically a ticket will be raised with summary and description from the subject and body of the email. Once the agent sets a comment or updates the ticket, an email notification will be sent to the reporter. If he replies to that email, his reply will be inserted as a comment to the ticket.

0 votes
Duncan Kolwa February 24, 2016

Thank you very much Georges !!! Appreciated.

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

You're most welcome @Duncan Kolwa smile

Suggest an answer