How to set up Service desk and confluence together

Andreas Hagglund May 21, 2017

A couple of questions on this topic: 

1. Is it possible to create multiple knowledge bases (i.e. confluence spaces) linked to one service desk, i.e. we have a app specific knowledge base, but also a more general covering common things for all our products. They are both relevant for the users of service desk, but to keep them clean I am thinking about keeping them separate in confluence. 

2. We have multiple products and I was originally thinking about having one service desk for each product/project, but then I realized that it might be confusing for the users to have different portals and adresses to visit.

2a: What is the best practices here, should you create a service desk per product or one common desk for all products? 

2b: Is it possible to link many service desks to the same knowledge base (i.e. confluence space) so that if we go for a desk for each product, we can still keep one knowledge base?

3. What spaces in confluence will be accessible for service desk customers without extra licensing costs

3a: Any space that is a knowledge base, all service desk customers can access all knowledge base spaces.

3b: Only the knowledge base that is linked to the service desk where the customer is registered 

3c: Any space in confluence, i.e. not only knowledge bases related to the service desk.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

1.  Not yet.  There's a couple of requests to do it, but at the moment, a Service Desk project can only have one knowledge base.  Although you can have >1 project linked to a knowledge base.

2. It's not a bad thought, but if you are worried about your users having different portals, the right thing to do is a single one, with a field to gather the product

3. Knowledge base spaces can be accessed by any customer who can use a portal connected to it

Andreas Hagglund May 22, 2017

Thank you Nic!

Suggest an answer