How to set transition post to multiple assignees

Jack Lim January 15, 2013

Hi all,

I am attempting to do the following:

When a issue is created, a transition post will assign the issue to the role of 'managers' for it to be okay-ed for work to be done on.

I have tried assigning multiple users to the role of manager, however each time when an issue is created JIRA always assigns it to the same single manager.

Is there anyway i can assign it to multiple managers instead?

I am aware that jira allows for multiple users to be assigned the same issue, however i want it to be done automatically during the transition posting.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

No.

The assignee is a single user. Your statement "jira allows for multiple users to be assigned the same issue" is incorrect.

I don't know what post-function you are using to try to select the assignee, so I can't tell you how it's deciding which single member of the role it's choosing.

Jack Lim January 15, 2013

Hi,

here is what i am using to assign users to issues (or at least attempting to)

1. I create a role called 'managers' and assigned multiple users to the role.

2. I edited the work flow scheme currently used by my project and edited the post function

3. I added a 'post function' to transition and selected 'assign issue to role member'

4. A drop down box is then displayed to select the role in which to post the case to, in which case 'managers'

What i am attempting to do is to assign multiple users to the same case when a case moves from created to a status 'pending authorization'

As issues created need to be vetted by various manager(s) before it gets sent off for developers to work on, i want any case created by a user(s) to be assigned to the group of managers for vetting.

I wish for this to be done automatically when a case is created, so i tried to fix these values during transition posting.

Is that even possible? , if not are there any alternatives to achieve this ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

I repeat - Jira does not support multiple assignees.

You can do some stuff with it - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users and you might want to consider splitting your workflow ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=180532 ).

But you aren't going to get more than one user in the assignee field

Suggest an answer