How to set today date into a customfield to propose it to the user?. User should be able to change the date.

Begoña Bonet November 6, 2014

I would like to propose the current day as the default date for "Delivery Date" customfield when user executes a transition "Deliver". In this transition the "Delivery Date" is required, the current date must be proposed and the user should be able to change it.

5 answers

0 votes

Ok Thanks! I'll try with JavaScript

0 votes

Yes, but I've read that JavaScript is not recomended now in Jira....

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

Not sure where you read that but JIRA itself uses Javascript everywhere. Depends on how you use it. You can also write a new custom field type if you can.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

Oh ok. In that case, you will have to set the date in some javascript funtion.

0 votes

Yes but in this case user shouldn't be able to change it during the transition execution. I'll like to propose the date to the user. User must confirm this date.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2014

You can use the Update Field post function from JIRA Suite Utilities. Use %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% as the value.

Suggest an answer