How to set the default component for a project?

Luke Smith May 15, 2014

In a particular workflow, our users would like to select the project they are working on, and have the component field auto-populated to a default value. This would be different for each project type.

2 answers

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

I want to do this as well in a post function, but the Update Issues Field does not list "component".  I could not find it in either of the add-ons listed either.  Any help on that?  I was told that I could use script runner to do that but I am having trouble finding good documentation on script runner. 

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Do this as a post function in your workflow transition. I am not sure if vanilla JIRA has the Update Issue Field but you can check the JIRA Toolkit or Suite Utilities add on.

Suggest an answer