How to set security that user is able to view issue only if field value is matched?

I have configured a custom field with dropdown. I want to set security in a manner that one user is able to access ticket, only if the value of the field matched to e.g X

For e.g- Dropdown has 4 values- A, B, C, D

When any user creates an issue with field value B, X user is able to see that issue. In case, the user has created an issue with any other field like A,C or D, X user is not able to see that issue.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Nov 06, 2017

Hi,

I wouldn't do that with a custom field, enable issue security instead for your project.

You have to define issue security level(s), add them to a scheme and add this scheme to your project. Groups are assigned to a security level. If a security level is set for an issue, only users in that particular groups are able to see the issue.

Any way of doing this with custom field.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

182 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you