How to set resolution value at the create issue step in "On demand JIRA"

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi,

I need to set resolution value as "Configured", when a issue is created step in project "Test".

Please share your knowledge.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

you add resolution "Configured" in Admin->Resolutions first.

If you need the resolution to set while creation itself for all issues under Test

then you add Update Issue Field postfunction, in that you select Resolution field value as Configured and move down this after the issue creation postfunction.

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

Hi Bharadwaj,

Thanks for your fashion.

i have already added "Configured" in resolution, i have created below post functions in

1. Creates the issue originally.

2. The Resolution of the issue will be set to Configured.

3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

4. Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

The same issue like below

The newly created issues are crossed out , but the resoltion is in "Unresolved" not updated.

Thanks.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

it worked for me, Just make the workflow active by publishing the draft if not.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2013

Rambanam has given you the correct answers, although I'd suggest a post-function is better as you only want to set one value.

However, you must remember that setting the resolution will make Jira believe that your issue is "resolved" and hence crossed out in the UI, ignored in many reports because it's finished with, and so-on. For the vast majority of users, setting a resolution on create is a really bad idea.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

you have to add Resolution field on create screen,

using postfunction you can update the resolution field or you can make mandatory on create screen by using validator

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

Hi Rambanam,

Thanks for your update. I have tried the two way

1. I have configured Resoltuion field in create screen ( "Fixed" is the default value, and resolution is mandatory )

2. I have tried post function to update the resolution field when the task is created

I have faced the below same issue for that two scenarios

The task is crossed out in the UI ( like Nic Brough say ) but the Resolution field still in "Unresolved". Resolution field is not updated.

Please point out my mistake in this work flow.

Thanks is advance.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

can you confirm this,

are you added "Configured" as a resolution under admin ---> Issues ----> Resolutions

and as @Nic said, adding resolutions on create screen is not a good idea.

you can create a select list custom field and add options to that and confugured to create screen

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

the following way you can configure postfunction on create issue transition

1.Go to Administration > Workflows

2.Click the link for the workflow in 'Steps' column

3.Click 'Open/New' link in the Step Name column

4.Click 'Create Issue' link in the Workflow browser (the inbound transition that arrives into the Open step)

5.Add a post-function, 'Update Issue Field', and set the Resolution field to desired Value (if necessary, create a draft so the workflow is editable)

Make sure the Post-function is the first step in the list

Maryana Osipchuk October 11, 2018

Please note, post-function "Stores updates to an issue" should be set after resolution field updated

Suggest an answer