How to set resolution field to "review in progress" as soon as I create issue

Asha August 16, 2015

I have configured in Post functions of "Create" transition It isn't working still. Resolution still displays as "Unresolved"

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

I have to agree with Nic on this. Issues that are resolved and don't appear in the 'assigned to me' report are forgotten and not worked. Doing so also changes what issues are displayed in many other built in reports. It sounds like you want to use the field for a current status indicator. For all intents and purposes setting the resolution field is telling JIRA the issue is fixed/completed. The open vs resolved report will be worthless.

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2015

Sounds you are using the correct Post Function. Make sure you have:

• Published the workflow. 
  • It's associated with the tickets you are testing with.
  • Try to place the post function just before firing an event. In Create transition this is critical since this post function must be at least after the ticket is actually created.

On a logical side, sounds a bit wired to resolve the issue right after it's creation, without any user action.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

There are some cases for "creating a closed issue", but they're few and far between. I'm not sure "review in progress" is one of them, because the issues won't appear on the reviewers default "assigned to me" reports.

0 votes
Asha August 16, 2015

I have configured in create-->postfunctions--> "Update issue field" -->Resolution-->"Review in progress"

Suggest an answer