How to set project permissions so only the reporter can view tickets in the project?

Molly Favret January 7, 2014

I am trying to set up a permission scheme for my project so that any users within a particular project role can create tickets, but individual users can only view tickets that they have created. I tried to set this up by giving "Create Issues" permission to the project role, then giving "Browse Projects" permission to "Reporter" and this worked but also has unintended impacts. Now all users in the system (including those not in this particular project) are able to view this project under the "Projects" tab through Browse Projects. They can't view any issues in the project since they are not the reporter, and they can't create issues since they dont have the permission, but they can nevertheless see the project including the client name which creates confidentiality concerns. Is there any way to set project permissions so only reporters within a particular group can view tickets they've created in the project?

Thanks!
Molly

1 answer

1 accepted

Molly Favret January 8, 2014

Thanks Denis!

I don't have access to change the code (per option 2), so do you understand what he meant by option 1?

"You can use "issue security" to do this, creating a scheme that says "reporter" and then defaults, but that allows users to remove the security and it's a bit fiddly."

Denter January 8, 2014

Hello, Molly.

Actually, I don't think that option 1 really relates to this exactly problem - this is issue security, while we need project's pemissions limitations. So - only uncommenting one block in config file could help.
Maybe I'm wrong about option 1 (I'm definetily not a Jira spetialist) and Nic would answer you on that thread...

Molly Favret January 8, 2014

Disregard my previous comment, we were able to get # 2 to work. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer