How to set permission for changing Status?

sohyeon_an June 30, 2016

2016-07-01 15;19;46.PNGThis question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Permissions overview

I managed Permissions by project roles on each category.

But somehow Status(workflow) button is dissapeared and I don't know how to make it shows again and manage permissions to who can active this button.

Please help me figure out.

ef.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

There's two things to look at on there:

1.  Look at the workflow for the missing transitions - check the conditions on them are not stopping your users
  2. Check the permission scheme for the "transition" permissions
sohyeon_an July 3, 2016

Thank you! I figured out on transition permissions.

Like # people like this
Georges-Henry PORTEFAIT September 30, 2019

What to do if it says granted and you still cannot change 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

There can be two layers to it.  You need to read the conditions on the transitions first, to see what they say.  Many of them will say "role: x can do this" or "people with permission y", so you need to read those rules to see if the project permission scheme really is what is driving it.

Just because a transition says "resolve issue" does not mean it has a condition of "only people with resolve issue permission can do this", it could have others, and may have had the "resolve issue permission" removed as well.

Suggest an answer