How to set permission for a user group within Jira Bonfire so that group can see and use test-sessions

Klaus Blum December 13, 2012

We have defined a group tester with restricted permission. However, we would like that group to use Bonfire test-sessions (create and use), however, we fail to find the permission setting that just allows for this. This group can create tickets, but can not yet use test-sessions.

Another group "developers" with extended permission can see and use bonfire test-sessions so one of the permissions given to them will allow for that. But we failed to find the permissions we could add to the tester to let them use bonfire test-sessions.

Thanks in advance.

Klaus

3 answers

1 vote

In order to be able to create test sessions, one must have the following permissions:

1. Assignable User permission

That advise was just given to me from Atlassian, so problem solved.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2012

What do you mean by "test sessions"? Is that a project, or a link to another test-management system (I can't see one mentioned here, but I think it's worth checking that), or something else?

Sorry, I meant "bonfire test sessions".

Klaus

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2012

If you would tag your question at least with the product your question is referring to, you might get more answers...

Suggest an answer