How to set mail priority for outgoing mail notifications of filter subscriptions?

Florian Fricke June 10, 2014

Hi at all!

I'm new to the administration of JIRA and I tried to find an answer to my question above - without a correct solution... So here is my question for the almighty :) community:

I set up some subscriptions on different filters for email notifications and I want to change the priority of the outgoing (!) mail, sent by a subscription - e.g.:

• FILTER: Issues which are seven days open and didn't get any update
    • MAIL: normal email notification
  • FILTER: Blocker which are one hour open, without any update
    • MAIL: high email priority

Is there a way to configure this behaviour?

Greetings!

Florian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2014

Not directly. I am assuming you mean the priorty field that is embedded in the emails.

The problem here is that Jira email sends are not coded to set that flag. Even if they were, there's no hooks for deciding how to make the decision to set high/medium/low.

Essentially, you'll need to find the code that generates the email headers and add some code to set it.

However, I think it's possible to do this if you use plugins, problem is I can't remember which (JETI and JEMH spring to mind)

0 votes
Florian Fricke June 10, 2014

Okay, sounds legit. I hoped to solve this without any plugin, but I will take a look at JETI and JEMH... Thanks!

Suggest an answer