How to set limit on size/memory in Confluence Space or Page Attachment's?

How to set limit on size/memory in Confluence Space or Page Attachment's?

Problem Description:

We can set limit on Attachment upload in confluence Admin console.(for example 25 MB - the max limit for any document upload)

In the same way, How can we set a limit on size/memory on a particular space created or the page created i.e. total attachment's uploaded(Total Size)?

I am not sure whether this is possible. If yes, could you please suggest a way out.

3 answers

1 accepted

Refer link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-6415

Matt's plugin mentioned there may be useful.

Thank you ck for your response.

I saw the link and this is what i wanted but i don't know how to get that plugin

if you have matt's plugin source/jar can you share it with me?

or else can you tell more about that plugin i.e. where can i find it?

how to build similar plugin?

what all thigs i need?

Here's what you do:

1. Email hunterm@queensu.ca for a copy of page size limiter plugin, and the installation instructions.

2. Navigate to your Confluence Admin page, and from there to Manage Add-ons

3. Click the "Upload Add-on" button, and select the file you got via email.

4. Create a properties file in your Confluence installation folder, under .../confluence/WEB-INF/classes, which specifies size limits and your JNDI datasource name. You will have to follow the instructions in the email.

4. You will need to modify a few of the velocity macro files in Confluence. Again, the instructions will be in the email.

Best of luck,

-- Liviu

Thank you Liviu Constantinescu.

I mailed him for a copy of it and waiting for his response.

Hey Liviu Constantinescu

I received mail saying delivery has failed to recipients or group hunterm@queensu.ca.

Do you have any other way to communicate or get that plug-in?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,296 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot