How to set issue security when pressing "Assign" button?

Tatiana April 20, 2015

Hello,

I know that I can add a post-function when transitioning an issue from one status to another. But I need to set issue security when reassigning an issue. Is there any plugin to do it? Could you please help with this?

2015-04-21_11h26_06.png

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2015

Most things that happen to issues fire an "event".  JIRA uses these internally for some things (most notably the email notifications).  

As you've already noticed, post-functions only work on workflows and there's not really a hook for non-workflow actions.  But the actions still fire events, and you can write listeners to catch events and act upon them.

So, you need to find or write a listener that will listen for the "issue assigned" event, run your business logic to determine what to set the security level to, and set it.  

I'd use the script runner to do this, but you might want to have a look through the marketplace for other options too.

Suggest an answer