How to set issue security level when user is member of multiple groups

Sumant June 11, 2015

Hi,

I have a scenario like : When a senior managers raises and issue, his subordinate managers should not be able to view this issue. However the senior manager should be able to view all his subordinate managers' issues.

I have already created different groups for each subordinate manager and am setting the issue security level based on the group the subordinate manager belongs to. I am able to do this through script post function. This way the subordinate managers will also not be able to view each others issues. This is exactly what we want.

Now, the senior manager is also part of all these groups since he must be able to view any of these issues. But how do I set the security level to senior manager alone for issues that he creates.

Really need help on this one, I'm stuck big time.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sumant June 13, 2015

Hi @Joao Palharini [Atlassian], Thanks for your response. I found another workaround. I added the Senior Manager to a newly created group of which he alone is the member, and then enabled access for this group to the subordinate managers' group. Exactly what I needed!! Regards, Sumant

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2015

Hi there!

Actually, the issue security levels can be defined to either groups, individual users, project roles, issue roles or even by users defined in a user-picker custom field.

In this specific case, I'd recommend setting up the security level as the Reporter (an issue role). Then, any issue created by a Senior Manager will only be viewed by him.

--
Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer