How to set issue security field based on the group membership of the reporter

Baybars Kumbasar September 29, 2017

Hi,

I'd like to have a post-function for issue creation that updates the "security level" field if the reporter of the ticket belongs to a certain group. I haven't been able to find a way to do this with default add-ons or Jira Workflow Toolbox or with "update on transition" add-ons. 

How can I accomplish this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Hi,

You can do it using a scripting paid plugin like :

Power Scripts for Jira Script Automation (i used it )

ScriptRunner for JIRA

Scripting Suite Pro for JIRA,

or develop you own plugin , or using JavaScript which is not recommended

Okay, I tried PowerScripts for JSA. But I can't find hpw to specify if a user belongs to a group with a statement. Any ideas? 

Basically, I wan to do something along the lines of :

string security_level = "XYZ";
string user_group = "ABC";

if(isUserInGroup(reporter, groups, user_group)) {
security = security_level;}

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

you could do it like this

If (userInGroup(user_group, reporter){

security = security_level;

}

Thanks a lot. I think you missed a closing brackets, but I still get an error saying ">>if<<" is not defined. I really appreciate the help, but I'd not bother you if you could point me to a reference for the syntax. 

If (userInGroup(user_group, reporter))
{
security = security_level;
}

One last question, how do you refer to the "reporter" of an issue? I know currentuser() routine works -> https://confluence.cprime.io/display/SIL/currentUser

but how do I do the same for reporter? 

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2017

@Baybars Kumbasar

yes , you found a response :)

https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/userInGroup 

the reporter is a standar variable you can look at this link it could help you a know all standard variables

https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Variable+Resolution

Just if the answer is good , pleas could you accept it to help other

thanks in advance

Baybars Kumbasar October 2, 2017

Hi again,

the script looks good to me, it's the most simple script now:

if (userInGroup("XYZ", reporter));
{
security = "Level1";
}

But this doesn't work as expected: Even if the reporter is not a part of "XYZ" group, the issues are created wit "Level1" security level. The default is "Level0".  

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2017

Hi @Baybars Kumbasar

Maybe you should see the if the current user is the default level security Level0 else you should add else like this

if (userInGroup("XYZ", reporter));
{
security = "Level1";
}

else{

security = "Level0";

}

Baybars Kumbasar October 13, 2017

Thanks for the response but the error was the semicolon at the end of the "if" statement. I don't feel particularly smart now. All works well now. 

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2017

Ok , good luck :)

Suggest an answer