How to set flag on linked issue during scriptrunner clone issue

Matt Shelton March 29, 2016

I am trying to clone an issue to another project and also set the Flagged custom field to "Impediment" on the cloned issue:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Flagged")
def fieldConfig = cf.getRelevantConfig(issue)
def optionsManager = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager()
def value = optionsManager.getOptions(fieldConfig)?.find { it.toString() == 'Impediment' }
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, value)

When I execute this code, I see an exception in the JIRA logs:

2016-03-29 15:42:34,210 http-bio-8080-exec-13 ERROR matt_shelton 942x5658x1 iod9tz 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue: CAPD-31, actionId: 1, file: null
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see: http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:757)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:645)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:770)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager$createIssueObject$0.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.AbstractCloneIssue.doScript(AbstractCloneIssue.groovy:96)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.CopyIssueWithAttachments.super$2$doScript(CopyIssueWithAttachments.groovy)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.CopyIssueWithAttachments.doScript(CopyIssueWithAttachments.groovy:10)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.CloneIssue.super$3$doScript(CloneIssue.groovy)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.CloneIssue.doScript(CloneIssue.groovy:85)
Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see: http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB
	at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.createIssue(OSWorkflowManager.java:923)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:746)
	... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.LazyLoadedOption cannot be cast to java.util.Collection
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.AbstractMultiCFType.createValue(AbstractMultiCFType.java:41)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl.createValue(CustomFieldImpl.java:854)
	at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.function.issue.IssueCreateFunction.execute(IssueCreateFunction.java:88)
	at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.executeFunction(AbstractWorkflow.java:1050)
	at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.transitionWorkflow(AbstractWorkflow.java:1446)
	at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.initialize(AbstractWorkflow.java:615)
	at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.createIssue(OSWorkflowManager.java:886)
	... 9 more

Based on the exception, I suspect the issue here is how I'm populating value, but I don't know how else to get it. The line in question was based on this answer, but I may be misunderstanding it.

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

The error is here:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.LazyLoadedOption cannot be cast to java.util.Collection

This is because Flagged is (normally) a check box field and takes a Collection of Option objects.

So changing the last line to:

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, [value])

should work.

0 votes
Matt Shelton March 29, 2016

Attempting to get value this way also does not work, despite this being, I think, the more direct route:

def value = optionsManager.getOptions(fieldConfig).getOptionById(10000)

Suggest an answer