How to set final status of Service Desk Request so that the Request Resolved field is "Resolved?"

Jim AMCI email November 3, 2016

I have a service desk project, with a workflow I made.  The last status is "Closed."  I had the last status as "Resolved," but that prevented the filter on the customer portal from allowing the user to filter out issues that were finished.  Now, with "Closed," the filter on the portal works. {edit: Oops, no it doesn't.  The Closed issues show up when the filter is set to open. }

But I noticed that if I query all my closed requests, and put them in a queue with a "Resolution" column, they are all "Unresolved."

I created a resolution named Closed, thinking it might somehow know I was referring to the status named Closed, but that didn't do it.  I edited the transition from the second-last status, which goes to closed, and added a post-function to that last transition which sets the resolution to Done, but that didn't work either.

There was an alert where I set the post-function, that said "Please make sure that the value you set is valid for the project using this workflow. Otherwise, the transition may fail at execution time." The SD requests have a resolved field, so I'm hoping that will mean it's not an issue.

What am I missing here?  Thanks in advance!

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
Jim AMCI email November 3, 2016

I think I figured it out–it has to be the final status which has the post-function to set the done-ness of the Resolution field, not the final transition.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

yes. you want to have the post function set the resolution unless you want the 'type' of resolution to be selected at the time of closure. By default resolution types are: Done, Cannot reproduce, Won't do, etc. But if you don't care about the reason for closing then just set to Done or whatever you want via post function.

Suggest an answer