How to set field value based on another field value in JIRA

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

Hi Team,

Please help me to set field value of one custom field based on another field value while creating a new issue. I will explain my scenario,

I've configured JIRA with assigned group functionality, means, I've added one group picker custom field called *Assigned Group* in JIRA to assign issue to a group. So in this scenario, I need to assign issue to particular group based on the field value selection of *Environment* field.

Suppose,

If I'm selecting value ABC from Environment field then automatically set the assigned group value to system group, if I'm selecting Environment value as XYZ then assigned group value set to storage group.

Please suggest me how it can be achievable.. also suggest me if some third party plugin will give this functionality.

Kindly let me know if my request is not clear.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Resolved locally :)

EngyE September 29, 2016

i have the same case here, please advise how I can set a custom field value based on another custom field value?

ADITHYA_GUTTIKONDA May 10, 2018

Sanu,

We have the same requirement. Can you please let me know how you resolved this?

0 votes
S
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2012

Also I'm not clear about JIRA Behaviours Plugin functionality. Please suggest.

Many thanks..

Suggest an answer