How to set expiry time for user invitation link?

Apparently issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-7198(Ability to configure token expiry of invites) has been deployed (dated 9th July). However I cannot see how you set the token in our Atlassian onDemand nor can I find any information about it in the documentation. Please can someone enlighten me?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Jul 22, 2014

Hello,

On Atlassian OnDemand, if you go to Administration > User Management and you click on Invite Users, you will have this option to set how long until the link expires. Give it a try ;)

I had assumed that this ticket referred to the link sent to new users inviting them to set their password when you use the 'Create User' option as that is how we always set up users - to me that was an invite. I have tried to invite a user, got no chance to set token expiry and got an error: Can not deserialize instance of com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.usermanagement.rest.entity.InvitationsRequestEntity out of START_ARRAY token at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@117edf; line: 1, column: 1]

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you