How to set expiry time for user invitation link?

InviqaS July 21, 2014

Apparently issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-7198(Ability to configure token expiry of invites) has been deployed (dated 9th July). However I cannot see how you set the token in our Atlassian onDemand nor can I find any information about it in the documentation. Please can someone enlighten me?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hello,

On Atlassian OnDemand, if you go to Administration > User Management and you click on Invite Users, you will have this option to set how long until the link expires. Give it a try ;)

InviqaS July 22, 2014

I had assumed that this ticket referred to the link sent to new users inviting them to set their password when you use the 'Create User' option as that is how we always set up users - to me that was an invite. I have tried to invite a user, got no chance to set token expiry and got an error: Can not deserialize instance of com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.usermanagement.rest.entity.InvitationsRequestEntity out of START_ARRAY token at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@117edf; line: 1, column: 1]

0 votes
Susan Paul October 12, 2018

I do not see that optional to configurate expiration time for an invite.  I am using JIRA  v7.1.22018-10-12_6-06-20.png

Srivatsan Aravamudan December 13, 2018

I have the same problem and so far I havent found a solution other than re inviting the user.

Suggest an answer