How to set different smtp mail server per JIRA project?

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Hi everybody,

we are using JIRA as a helpdesk system so we are sending mails to non JIRA users using the fabulous Script Runner plugin. Although we are able to set a different sending mail address and name per workflow the smtp mail server is the same.

Is it possible to use a different mail server using script runner?

Any idea how to implement it?

Thanx in advance,

Kostas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Hi Kostas...

Just wondering why you want to use different mail servers per project?

The code that gets the mail server is just: mailServerManager.getDefaultSMTPMailServer() - you could modify it to get a mail server by ID depending on workflow or project.

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

Hi Jamie,

I know it sounds weird, but the outgoing mails are for clients of different companies and services.

So i want the original message that goes to clients to come from a mail server related to the appropriate company. At the moment emails for both clients (companyA and companyB) are sent from JIRA's default mail server which has a name like:

mail.companyA.com

So i was thinking, in order to avoid that, to use different mail servers per project or workflow.

Thanks for the help once again.

Cheers,

Kostas

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

OK... but do people really look at the headers to see where the mail was routed? Anyway, if so, I would consider just picking the right mail server depending on if it's company A/B.

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

That's true. I do not think that people look at the headers but...is something i have to do.

Thanx,

Kostas

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

JEMH plugin will help you to fullfill your requirement.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

Suggest an answer