How to set custom workflow, schemes, screens to be DEFAULT for ALL new projects?

Emil Beli October 14, 2014

When I press "Create new project" , it shows screen "Select project type". I have my own workflow, with my own issue scheme with my own screens and screen schemes. I have deleted everything else that I could delete.

"Select project type" does not have my own type. When I create project selecting any of the type, I need to spend 20-30 minutes to delete all unnecessary auto-created schemes.

How to make JIRA ask me about my own project type? I do not want to waste time.

3 answers

2 votes
Mala Benn October 15, 2014

It's disappointing that you need a plugin to allow you to create your own bespoke template.

I'm doing what you suggest Nic which is choosing the standard "classic jira" project type and then setting my own schemes etc.

It feels like a lot of unnecessary button pressing sad

0 votes

Plugin? Why? Why JIRA is enabling me to create workflows and schemes and not be able to use it?

Why do I have to loose time every time I create new project to delete JIRA crap? That is unacceptable.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

Jira has no way of knowing what schemes you want to use. The project templates are the way you tell it what schemes to use, and for each scheme setting, the template can say "use existing" or "create new scheme for the new project based on a template" You need a plugin to provide a new template, it's not (yet) internally configurable. To avoid creating new schemes though, you could choose the standard "classic jira" project type - that will still use the defaults and has no "create new stuff" flags in it. At least you don't have to delete any more.

I will try that. Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

Ideally, you would create your own project type with a plugin, and use that.  

But you can't do that on Cloud, because you can't install the plugins.

I'm afraid you might be stuck on this one.

Suggest an answer