How to set custom field mandatory based on cascading custom field option?

M. P. April 16, 2015

In our case CascadingField is an cascading custom field that includes Option A and Option B, this Options has several Values. So we need CustomFieldRequired to be required, when CascadingField = OptionA.ValueB, while performing Close transition.

However we do not need this Close tranistion to be hidden. Therefore I didn't added the condition.

I have tried the simple script by adding cfValues['CascadingField '] == 'OptionA.ValueB' as a validation to the Close transition and additionally I have added "Field Required" Validator for CustomFieldRequired. But it doesn't work.

When I'm performing "Close" transition the CustomFieldRequired is required as CascadingField is set up to OptionA.ValueB, but when the CustomFieldA is filled, it still askes me to fill it in. Why ? How can I fix it ?

I also tried following script

(cfValues['CascadingField']?.get(null) == 'OptionA' && cfValues['CustomFieldRequired'] != "") and it doesn't works. I don't want to use Behaviour Plugin or addittional plugin as I'm sure that it can be done with Scrip Runner functions.

THanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
M. P. April 28, 2015

Was solved with following Script

if (!issue.fixVersions && (cfValues['CascadingField']?.values()*.value[1].contains("OptionA")||(cfValues['CascadingField']?.values()*.value[1].contains("OptionB")))) return false else return true
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015
0 votes
M. P. April 24, 2015

I have tried also following (cfValues['CascadingField ']?.get(null) == 'OptionA' && issue.fixVersions != null) (cfValues['CascadingField']*.value.contains("OptionA") && issue.fixVersions != null) and it didn't work

0 votes
M. P. April 24, 2015

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] maybe you could answer this question sinces Script Runner is your plugin smile

Suggest an answer