How to set billing details to a deactivated account?

Deleted user February 10, 2020

My company's account was suddenly deactivated.

Going to check why, it says that it is because there is no credit card information to charge the payments. But we were using Jira for quite a time now, so I am sure the credit card information was there.

When trying to access billing details, we can't, because the account is deactivated.

We were not warned at any time to alert us that there were problems with the billing information. We just got kicked out of the platform without any prior warning.

We tried to insert the billing information to solve the issue, but there is just no option to recover the account, just create a new one.

We emailed the support twice, but got no answer.

We are frustrated. We lost ALL our work history and we are getting no support at all.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hi André,

Thanks for reaching out. While I can't share a significant amount of details about your account here on Community, I can confirm both of the tickets you raised from our contact form are in the queue to be answered.

While the site is currently deactivated, the data is still set to be retained for two more months. I can see several email communications were sent regarding a request to update the billing details, but they went to another user in your organization. Additionally, the deactivation email was only sent to this user as well. These types of emails are only sent to Billing Contacts - I would recommend becoming a billing contact on your account to ensure you get the emails in the future. There's a couple ways to do this:

1. The existing billing contact can add more billing contacts on the license from my.atlassian.com by entering their email addresses for each particular license
  2. Within Atlassian Cloud, any SIte Admin will be able to make themselves a Billing Contact by navigating to Site Administration > Billing > Overview and selecting Make Me A Billing Contact.

If you are able to go through the second option here, it's possible for you to get your site re-activated without additional work from our licensing team. I'll ask for your ticket to be expedited nonetheless as I know you're unable to use Jira at the moment! Further details are available that can help you determine why you may not have received the billing emails, although I'm unable to post them publicly here on Community. 

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Deleted user February 10, 2020

The thing is: Although the primary contact were the owner of the company, I was listed as a secondary contact and never received any e-mail. Why?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hey Andre,

When checking your company's account earlier, I only saw a single contact listed. After the site was reactivated by that contact, I see your account added as a billing contact. This change took place after the site was reactivated today, however. At the time I sent you the first message, there were no secondary billing contacts on the license.

Some confusion might be from the difference between a Site Admin and a billing/technical contact. These permissions/roles are different in the systems. You can have many Site Admins who are not technical or billing contacts on a license, and this is actually pretty common.

I hope that helps explain things a little more!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

Hi @[deleted] , please note that I obfuscated a bit of verbiage in your post to keep things aligned w/ our Atlassian-Community-voice-and-tone-guide . Hope that is ok.

When you say you emailed support I assume you did do here? https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ ? Do you have any tracking numbers associated w/ your request?

I will see if any of my contacts can help run this to ground.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events