How to set an issue done at the same time when creating it?

Deleted user October 18, 2021

Created a new issue type/workflow for certain incoming emails/issues to be closed as soon as it's moved to that issue type.   The current workflow looks like this:

nojiraissue.png

Everything is working how it should, however, when it gets moved to the new issue type (which are for non-jira requests), it automatically closes (which is good), but the Resolution status doesn't change to 'Done' & stays 'Unresolved'.  

This is how the post function(s) look.  I believe I have it correct, but still not working the way I'd like to wi/ the Resolution status also changing to 'Done'.postfunction.png

2 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hi @[deleted] and welcome to the Community,

I think it may help if you move the post function that sets your resolution below the Create the issue originally post function.

As it is now, you are trying to set the resolution for an issue that does not exist yet.

Deleted user October 18, 2021

postfunction2.png

I moved it down like this & unfortunately seeing the same thing.  'Resolution status' is not chaning.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Please don't say "resolution status" - it does not exist and the phrase is unhelpful as it could be being used to mean resolution OR status.

For this issue type, try placing the resolution field on the "create" screen.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

you're setting the resolution before the issue is created. create the issue before setting the resolution. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events