How to set a sub task due date depending on current date?

Artur Martins April 27, 2017

Hi, 

I have a script that create 3 sub tasks that user set MW Date...

def subTask1 = SubTask.createSubTask(issue, "Prepare Testbed", "SPB", "O&M task", dtMWDate-7, dtStartDate, null, userOm)

def subTask2 = SubTask.createSubTask(issue, "Generate MOP", "SPB", "O&M task", dtMWDate-7, dtStartDate, null, userOm)

def subTask3 = SubTask.createSubTask(issue, "Execute Maintenance Window", "SPB", "O&M task", dtMWDate, dtStartDate, dtMWDate, userOm)
SubTask.setLabel(subTask6, "MW")

The sub task 1 and 2 it calculate due date based on MW Date (Sub task3), the problem is when someone create this issue with the MW date for TODAY or less than 7 days, so my sub task 1 and 2 will be create with due date in the past. I would like to know how can I add on my script a fuction that everytime my MW DATE is for TODAY or less than 7 days, the due date for sub task 1 and 2 automatically is set to current date.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
JohnsonHoward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017

Hi Artur,

You can use something similar to this to check if the date is less that 7 days before or after today's date: 

Date date = new Date()
if(issue.dueDate <= date + (7) )
{
  // set issue's MW due date to 'date' here

}

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Johnson Howard

Artur Martins May 25, 2017

When you said "set issue's MW due date to 'date' here" you mean to set current date? But what is the function to do it?

Suggest an answer