How to set a permission for particular user to change the status Design signoff status in workflow

Vimal K October 4, 2019

I want to setup a permission for only 4 persons can move the status from "Design sign-off"  to "Ready for development" status in below example work flow.

I have checked in condition tab under workflow, where I have permission for assigne, assignable..etc. But which on is a best to give access only for few members

(Example: Design in progress-> Design Done -> Design signoff -> ready for development)

3 answers

2 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Vimal K ,

Create group with four users and use to Condition called Users in Group in target transition and this which allows only users in a given group to execute a transition.

Thanks,

Avinash

Vimal K October 4, 2019

Thank you @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ . I am new to Jira. Could you please help me where should i create the group. its under Jira settings -> issue-> ..?

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Vimal K ,

You can add groups under User management, just click on Settings 

Settings.png

And then User management > Groups > Create Group

Thanks,

Avinash

1 vote
Vimal K October 15, 2019

Thank you all. its works.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

I suggest using a project role. The project admin can add/delete users to the role without getting the JIRA admin involved. 

Vimal K October 4, 2019

We can create it for the project, but I want to know how to set a access for the workflow where only particular user can change the status from one to other.

Suggest an answer