How to set a default board to start with after login?

Shai Ben Noon December 1, 2014

After I deleted a project i'm getting the following error message every time i log in to JIRA - 

"The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exists or you do not have permission to view it"

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Hi Shai, please check that you login into jira.<domain>.com (or any other domain you guys use). and you don't have any more parameters in the adress bar like Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11111 or RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=111. 

Usually JIRA navigates to a default Dashboard (not board) when you login with a parameter-free URL address. So maybe it's just a case of changing your bookmark.

0 votes
Shai Ben Noon December 2, 2014

Hi Peter,

You were right - I've updated the bookmark and it solved the issue.

Thanks a lot,

Shai 

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Happy to help. You can also mark the question as answered. This will help other users when searching for solutions

Suggest an answer