How to set a custom field to certain value, and read only, depending on reporter

essra masoud December 22, 2014

How to set a custom field to certain value, and read only, depending on reporter?

can you please provide a script?

2 answers

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2014

If we have support for the custom field, you can use JJUPIN LiveFields feature.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

Setting a field to a value is easy if you have the script-runner addon (or you can write your own functions to provide it).  You can bring in "value depends on reporter" there as well.

However.  JIRA does not do field level security.  You can't make a field read-only for some users and read/write for others, without either doing it in the workflow or installing the "field security" add on.

I'm not sure that I have understood your requirement though - I suspect that what you might be looking for is a field that is always read-only, but shows a value that depends on the reporter?  If that is the case, then, again, the script-runner is your friend - you can create a scripted field to do exactly that.

essra masoud December 22, 2014

The read-only function can be done through the behavior plugin, but I want to know what the script (to set value of field accoridng to reporter) is and how i can implement it

essra masoud December 23, 2014

can you help me writing the script? given that, the reporter is from group "Submitters" and the field "Source" should be automatically set to the value "Site" when this reporter is creating an issue.

Suggest an answer