How to set a checkbox field to a value using a post function?

Anja Herzog June 16, 2013
I have a custom field checkbox with values yes and no and would like to get a certain value (yes) checked upon a transition. How can I do this using a standard post function? I tried using "set custom field value" but must have missed something.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

hi anja.

can you please try using "Update Issue Custom Field" instead ?

it requires to have the Suite Utilities installed which you can find here

3 votes
David M August 16, 2017
  1. Configure the custom field.
  2. Edit options.
  3. Click 'edit' for the option that you wish to set.
  4. Look at the URL in browser bar and scroll to the end.  You should see something like '&selectedValue=11001'.
  5. Set custom field value in the transition to '11001'.
David Smith November 3, 2017

Hi David,

That's a great fix and saved me hours of pain. Thank you!

My only question... do you know how you would untick the value using this method?

e.g. when value is '11001' = True, when value is null = False

Thanks in advance if you are able to help!

Darla Sheehan November 14, 2017

The JIRA Suite Utilities plugin provides additional workflow post-functions:

• Clear Field Value - This post function will clear values from a Radio/ Checkbox custom field.
3 votes
jared m June 4, 2015

Hi,

Using Update Issue Custom Field post-function, what value do you give for for selecting a check-box?

Thank you

0 votes
mepoland November 22, 2016

I'm having the same problem. In my case I wanted to enter multiple values in a multiple value field. There is no documentation on how to do this in a post function. I tried entering just one in the "custom field value" text box and using "append" checkbox. But it fails when I try to do the transition.

Dusty Brossart May 1, 2017

Are you using any sort of quotes or just entering the value?  I'm using the Workflow Enhancer for JIRA (free) and it seems to work.  I'm not getting it to do multiple values though.

Suggest an answer