How to set Time Spent restriction for log work

HongChao Song September 11, 2017

Hi guys,
As following, if I set 40H in the Time Spent textbox, and system will log 40H workload one day. It is not reasonable. So is it possible to restrict that under 24H one day? Where can I configure it? Thanks in advance.

worlog.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

The selected date represents the date at which the logged work started, and not the date in which all the logged work was actually done.

Thanks for you replying.

I mean the Time Spent textbox.  if I set 40H in the Time Spent textbox, and system will log 40H workload one day.It is not reasonable. So is it possible to restrict that under 24H one day? Where can I configure it? 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2017

So, as the worklog starting date defaults to the current date at the moment the user clicks on Log Work, the user should change the date to a previous one if he is logging 40 hours of already done work.

捕获.PNG

thanks,  your advice is a good solution.But as attachment, system logs 49H for one day, why not log 24H/9.12 ,24H/9.13 and 1H/9.14, it seems more reasonable, is it?

Another,  is it possible to restrict that under 24H one day? And if so,Where can I configure it? Thanks in advance.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2017

Is that screenshot from Tempo Timesheet addon?

HongChao Song September 12, 2017

yes

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2017

Then I would suggest to create a new question including the tags: Jira and Tempo Timesheets, together with your last screenshot (the one showing 40 hours logged in the same day).

That way you will probably get the correct answer.

Alternatively, you may open a ticket with the addon's support team:

https://support.tempo.io

Regards

Suggest an answer