How to set Theme Target %s in Portfolio and keep them from changing- and eliminate decimals

Georgianne Rogers April 29, 2016

Is there a trick to updating the Target % on my Themes in Portfolio without having them automatically update and adjust the % allocation of the other themes?  I am struggling with how to set the exact target of each theme, because it keeps automatically updating the other theme amounts after I set them.

For example, if I have 5 themes, and I want to allocate them as 35%, 25%, 20%, 15%, 5%, how would I do this and get the exact amounts I listed? When I try, the amounts keep adjusting and I can never get them to be exactly what I want.  The closest I can get is 34.7%, 23.84%, 20%, 16.09%, 5.37%

Can we eliminate the decimals? I don't think anyone really plans below a full percentage point.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2016

Hi Georgianne,

The UI will adjust inputs when they don't add up to 100. Delete all your targets so that they are empty and then input them 1 by 1 top to bottom. You should notice that only the empty values will be adjusted. That way you should be able to input you preferred settings correctly.

Best,
Allard

0 votes
Georgianne Rogers May 4, 2016

Thanks Allard. The delete was not intuitive, since the numbers don't actually  go away, they just show up in gray vs black.   But I was able to get it to work.  Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Marcia Carlson April 29, 2016

Good point Georgianne.  We narrowed ours down to a pretty basic allocation of 40/40/20 across our work.  I gave up on the more complex allocation we had originally tried using which was 30/25/20/15/10.  Luckily we were able to group like projects together, but that won't always be the case.

0 votes
Georgianne Rogers April 29, 2016

Thanks Marcia. I tried numerous times, and unless I do a super simple allocation i.e. 50% &50% or 25%x4, I can't get them as I want.

0 votes
Marcia Carlson April 29, 2016

We noticed this too, it's quite frustrating.  We just kept updating each of our themes until the system finally accepted what we were putting in as the whole number.  I think it took 7 or 8 entries to finally get the themes to finally stick to the numbers we were entering.

Suggest an answer