How to set Mandatory field based on Resolution field value ?

How to achieve setting the Mandatory field based on Resolution field value ?

Currently we are using Cloud JIRA.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Pitt Community Champion May 09, 2016

If you need to set it in the same transition where you set the resolution I believe you're out of luck since cloud doesn't allow scripting. If you want to do it after that transition you can use a combination of validators and post functions, which are available.

Thanks @Joe Pitt. Yes, I'm looking for the same transition.

For Eg:  If Resolution Field is marked as Fixed, then some custom fields should be mandatory. For other option it can be normal.

Workflow shouldn't allow users to change the issue status to Resolved unless they updated the mandatory custom fields which ever we are setting as mandatory. (when resolution is marked as Fixed).

- Kavi

Joe Pitt Community Champion May 09, 2016

As I said, since you're in the cloud version I believe you're out of luck

I am looking into this issue now. We use on-prem server. I can see in the workflow validator where I can fields to be required, but how do I condition that based on the resolution? We want 5 custom fields to be required only if a particular resolution is set, else they can be left blank.

Hi, I want to do the same. Can someone guide me how to write correct the validator?

We are using internal JIRA

Version  7.0.11

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

99 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you