How to set JIRA Service Desk so that email requests received from users appear in Hipchat?

it.help desk August 12, 2016

Hello,

We need to operate under a strict SLA. JIRA Service Desk is already connected to HipChat and issues raised via the Customer Portal appear in HipChat notifications as they are created.

Email support requests are received by JIRA Service Desk and logged with status "Open", but no HipChat notification is seen - I have tried all sorts of JQL approaches to get this to happen, with no success.

Therefore - how can I configure JIRA Service Desk so that on receipt of an email from a customer, to the support email address, a HipChat notification will be created in the appropriate room(s) ?

Thanks

Chris

5 answers

0 votes

Good idea - I'll try setting a hidden field and querying that. Thanks for your thoughts!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

An alternative may be to set a hidden, pre-set field on the Request Type selected for mail-from-email, and query that instead.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

Hmmm. I have a suspicion that request-channel-type may not be present on the issue during the creation event but added later. Do other queries that aren't using the 'request-channel-type' field work?

0 votes

Of course, here's what it looks like.

Friday_HipChatEmailIntegrationConfigScreenshot.png

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2016

Perhaps you can post a screenshot of your configuration?

Suggest an answer