How to send the notification of assigning an issue to all the members of a project?

Paulin April 2, 2015

Hello Everyone,

I want to send the notification of assigning an issue to all the members of a project.

When we usually assign an issue the notification goes to the assignee .But instead of that  I want to send the notification to all the project members like the Development Manager, QA Manager,RMOs ,all who are the part of that project.

So Is it possible?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2015

I have implemented a near identical feature on my JIRA system.

Had a request from one project team that was that two memeber of the team should be e-mailed every time a new issue was created in the project - they aren't the project lead.

I created a new role named: Notify On New

In the notification scheme Added this project role to 'Issues Created'

You could use a similar technique usign the Issue Assigned notification ...

Paulin April 6, 2015

Thank You So Much :-) It works.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2015

I saw you were accepting several answers.Well, it is only possible to accept one answer but you can vote up too.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2015

I saw you were accepting several answers.Well, it is only possible to accept one answer but you can vote up too.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2015

Cripes! Just read this again to see my answer was a bit off-tack.

Using all of the project roles for issue assigned would be the simple way of doing this ...

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2015

If you use project roles add those roles in your notification scheme to the issue assign event.

But I personally wouldn't do that ...

Paulin April 6, 2015

Thank You.

Suggest an answer