How to send "Ready for QA" Jira notifications to a Slack channel for all the existing projects?

Sai Sarath Punnamaraju November 28, 2017

I have been using WebHook to send Jira notifications (In progress, Done etc..) to the specific project channels. I am now looking for a customised notification where Jira should be able to notify the Slack channel whenever any project issue moves to "Ready for QA" status. Can anyone help me out with this? 

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hi,

You can set the webhook to fire as a postfunction in the workflow rather than from the system-->webhook settings.

Sai Sarath Punnamaraju November 28, 2017

Thank you for the response.I am an absolute novice in this setup.Please provide a detailed step by step guide.

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Actually you can just use Slack's settings to adjust which status transitions are shown in your specified channel.

See here: https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/218475657-Post-JIRA-updates-to-Slack#jira-server-alerts-1 

Suggest an answer