How to send notifications to new assignee

Martin October 23, 2014

Hi,

I cannot figure out how to notify a new assignee of an issue that has jsut been assigned to that person. We are sometimes using the edit function of an issue to change the assigne and I think in that case, no notification is sent. As a result, the new assignee sometimes receives notifications and sometimes doesnt.
Is there any way to send notifications always?

Thanks,

Martin

4 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2014

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Remove all the notification events except for Issue Assigned

Issue Assigned = Current Assignee

0 votes
Martin October 23, 2014

Thanks, guys: notifications are sent now for every change in the ticket.

But: I wanted to restrict it to the change of the assignee.

Is that possible in some way?

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

OK, I get it, try hiding the Assignee field from the edit view of your issue type. And remove undesired notifications from the Update issue event. Try that.

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

Hello

Try adding those roles both to the Issue Assigned and to the Update issue event, just to cover the case in which you edit the issue instead of assigning with the Assign button.

0 votes
Marco Paleani October 23, 2014

Go to your project > Administration > Notifications > Issue Assigned and check the roles they get a notification

Suggest an answer