How to send notification to Jira users after creating issue via email

Natalya Fitak March 3, 2013

Hello, I have a question? how to notificate JIra users if somebody of them created issue via email, I know I can enable notification if I set YES to Notify users of their own changes? in User Preferences tab.

But what if I do not want notify users everytime they made some own changes, but want only if they did something via email?

In Incoming emails configurations I finded option Notify Users but still there is message: If Create Users is set and Notify Users is checked new JIRA users will receive a notification that their account has been created via email, it concern new users and I don't need to create new users.

Can you tell me how to notificate Jira users if they created issue only from email?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2013

Hi Natalya,

As creating an issue is a change/action performed by a particular user, they will not receive a notification if their profile is set to not notify them of their own changes; there is no way around that. To receive notifications on new issues created from email, the user must be an existing user in your system and accept emails for their own changes.

Thanks,

-dave

Suggest an answer