How to send error message to ViewIssue page from Servlet (which will post the data to external App)

Balaji Prasath March 4, 2014

I am trying to send error message and success message from Servelt to ViewIssue Page, i dont find anything for that. is there any way i can send the error/success message with http response and it should display the message in banner or board

resp.sendRedirect((new StringBuilder()).append(req.getContextPath()).append("/browse/").append(issue.getKey()).toString());

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

Servlets are independent of the issue view framework, so there's no real way for them to talk to each other.

What are you actually trying to do here? In terms of what the users see?

I have added option in more section and whenever I click that option menu, it post the current issue details to external application (say any other third party bug database) and return status and I want to send that message back to issue view. So that user will be notified for the status.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

Ok. There's not really any way to do this. The issue view you return to is executed after your action is finished and has nothing to do with it. So you'd need to hook something into the core view of Jira to get messages from the action and execute some sort of response.

You might find it easier to have a simple field that you update on the issue during your action. Or a response screen inside the action.

Ok Nic. i will try response screen, if that does not work, i will go for custom field option.

Suggest an answer