How to send email notifications only once?

Greg Ananev December 23, 2014

Hi guys, need your help!

I have a issue filter (with some condition) and I need to send notification to all of subscribers of this filter only once (even if the condition holds repeatedly, every day or several times peer day)

As I know default JIRA Filter subscribation doesn't support this functional...

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

So if you want to have defects in status blocked where the due date is two days overdue (and not 1 and not 3 days). So  a query could be:

project = ABC and issuetype = defect and status = blocked and assignee = currentUser() and due >= startofday(-2d) and due < startofday(-1d)

Now you only need a daily (group) subscription of that filter. A mail will only be sent once (to the assignee) unless you change the duedate. Is it that what you need?

Greg Ananev December 25, 2014

Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Greg Ananev December 23, 2014

Something like that: project = ABC AND issuetype = Defect AND assignee = currentUser() AND due = -2d AND status in (Blocked)

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

It depends on your conditions, e.g. if it is a status change and you have a daily subscription, use something like "status changed to newstatus after -24h". Can you share your conditions so we might help you?

Suggest an answer