How to send an email when a release is made on issue reporter

Jonathan Van Belle June 29, 2016

Hello,

I would like to send an email on issue report when they issue are inside a released version.

I find this link, but I can't understand how to use it (I try to create event in event scheme).

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/jira-technical-overview/jira-specific-atlassian-events

Otherwise, if it's not possible, is there any webhook possibility when a release is released?+

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Van Belle June 30, 2016

Thanks. For now I will test jirassimo.

But don't you think it could be a standard event notification?

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

There are a number of ways to tackle this and it really depends on your requirements.

Your workflow could include a status Released. If that's the case it should be possible to use standard notifications to inform the original reporter when an issue has been included in a release. 

If you did not want to use Status, then you could create a custom field which is set when an issue has been included in a release. The custom field can be set manually, or perhaps as part of script. You could then set up a filter that retrieves all issues that have this field set, and set up subscriptions to those filters.

I suspect you want to customize the email notification that goes to the original reporter. You will find this to be impossible in JIRA cloud without add-ons e.g. Jirrasimo looks promising but I've never used it.

It is also possible to use webhooks. You can set up a webhook that will be fired when a version is released - see Admin->System->Webhooks->Create a Webhook. But I am not sure what data the JSON body contains.

Suggest an answer