How to send an email notification when task is no longer blocked?

Anna Nguyen December 3, 2015

I am looking to set-up email notifications that triggers to inform an assignee when the last blocking issue linked to their issue is resolved.

Ideally, I believe the real and simple solution is in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8514, but I am looking for a workaround until that is resolved.

Is there anything I can set-up in ScriptRunner or another add-on to get this functionality?

JIRA v6.3.15

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2015

This is a bit tricky. You will to have to code this. To start, I guess you will either need to:

• Create a Workflow post-function (on what issue types you need this feature) to send "Custom Emails" after checking the current issue if it has linked issues and the status for each. I'll use a groovy script for this.
  • Create an IssueEventListener that does what you want.
Anna Nguyen December 10, 2015

Do you know what the code would be for the event listener? I know how to check for links of specific types, but not the more complicated script to check all linked tickets of a ticket and check that each of their links is resolved

Suggest an answer