How to send an email notification when task is no longer blocked?

I am looking to set-up email notifications that triggers to inform an assignee when the last blocking issue linked to their issue is resolved.

Ideally, I believe the real and simple solution is in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8514, but I am looking for a workaround until that is resolved.

Is there anything I can set-up in ScriptRunner or another add-on to get this functionality?

JIRA v6.3.15

1 answer

This is a bit tricky. You will to have to code this. To start, I guess you will either need to:

• Create a Workflow post-function (on what issue types you need this feature) to send "Custom Emails" after checking the current issue if it has linked issues and the status for each. I'll use a groovy script for this.
  • Create an IssueEventListener that does what you want.

Do you know what the code would be for the event listener? I know how to check for links of specific types, but not the more complicated script to check all linked tickets of a ticket and check that each of their links is resolved

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

181 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you