How to send a notifications when custom fields is updated or when due date is arrived?

Sivan Samira March 1, 2017
Hi All,
we are working with JIRA cloud and we need to have 2 notifications:
  1. Plan change - whenever an initiatives's "Plan Dev End", which is a custom field we created,is changed and it's in "Developing" status - a notification should be sent to a specific group.
  2. "Off Track" Notification  - whenever an initiatives is not "On Track", meaning due date passed (we created also a custom field for this one ) - a notification should be sent daily to the "Assigned To" and Reporter"

Anyone have an idea how i can do that? maybe an add on that will help me do that?

I'm trying to look for a solution for awhile already... 

Please HELP smile

Sivan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

Hi Sivan,

question #2 can be done like this:

• search for issues like that: "your due date-field" < startOfDay() and (assignee = currentUser() or reporter = currentUser() )
  • Save this filter
  • Find this filter in "Manage Filters" overview
  • click "subscribe"
  • choose a user group as recipient and click subscribe

With that, every recipient gets its own overdue issues mailed every day.

Sivan Samira March 2, 2017

Thanks!

Can i do that without spam irrelevant people? i want it to be sent only to reporter and current assignee for each issue and not to a group of people.

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2017

Sivan see my answer and explore creating a event that you map in the notification scheme for this specific purpose smile

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

Sivan, just the assignee and the reporter will get a mail from this subscription, not the whole group.

"currentUser" is the magic word smile

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2017

Suggest an answer