First step for me is to choose "Export >CSV" and open with excel.
My current manual intervention includes:
- Export defect list from JIRA system, copy paste to excel
- Populate data for Daily Defect list
- Populate data for Closure Rate
- Populate data for Ageing JIRA
- Copy all graphs and descriptions to email
I would want to tackle the problem above by:
- Automate all the points
- Suggest to replace excel with another platform
Currently we are not looking at purchasing tools to do this. What I have in mind is more of a Excel Macro approach to:
- Accessing JIRA DB to retrieve defect data
- Generate an email template based on the reporting data
One of the possible outcome for this is, in Excel:
- One sheet for user to specify details (JIRA Project, defect search criteria, etc)
- A button to click and generate all data, based on pre-build SQL statement in one sheet (using Macro)
- A button to copy everything on the sheet to email template (using Macro)
Even if this is paid (yes, I understand you'd primarily look for a free solution), you may want to look at the Better Excel Plugin, because it enables solving the whole problem with a custom template, and reduces it to a single click. You can create the issue lists and charts, too.
You could even add the automatic emailing with the free Excel Automation Plugin.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs