First step for me is to choose "Export >CSV" and open with excel.
My current manual intervention includes:
- Export defect list from JIRA system, copy paste to excel
- Populate data for Daily Defect list
- Populate data for Closure Rate
- Populate data for Ageing JIRA
- Copy all graphs and descriptions to email
I would want to tackle the problem above by:
- Automate all the points
- Suggest to replace excel with another platform
Currently we are not looking at purchasing tools to do this. What I have in mind is more of a Excel Macro approach to:
- Accessing JIRA DB to retrieve defect data
- Generate an email template based on the reporting data
One of the possible outcome for this is, in Excel:
- One sheet for user to specify details (JIRA Project, defect search criteria, etc)
- A button to click and generate all data, based on pre-build SQL statement in one sheet (using Macro)
- A button to copy everything on the sheet to email template (using Macro)
Even if this is paid (yes, I understand you'd primarily look for a free solution), you may want to look at the Better Excel Plugin, because it enables solving the whole problem with a custom template, and reduces it to a single click. You can create the issue lists and charts, too.
You could even add the automatic emailing with the free Excel Automation Plugin.
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG