How to select "Plan mode" in JIRA Agile v6.4.9 (server version)?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino October 6, 2015

Hi,

I am using  JIRA Agile as part of JIRA server v6.4.9, hosted in one our servers. The project I have created is based on the Scrum configuration.

The problem I have is that I am following this help topic: https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile064/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-a-board/using-plan-mode although I cannot find the "Plan mode" button on the Board screen, as it is shown in the attached image:

Is it the online help not accurate? OR am I missing something? Can you please point me to correct guidance documentation?

Thanks in advance,

Victoria

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick October 6, 2015

In our version of JIRA Agile I see "Backlog" | "Active springs" | "Reports". Click on "Backlog".

See this page

Nick October 7, 2015

Excuse me. "Plan" | "Work" | "Report" was changed to "Backlog" | "Active springs" | "Reports". So "Plan" is now "Backlog"

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2015

The documentation is obsolete. Plan is now Backlog. Work is now "Active Sprints".

0 votes
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino October 7, 2015

Yes Nick, and I see the same options on the left hand menu...however, I cannot see those "Plan" or "Work" options stated in the online help. Here's an extract of the online help:

"Quick Edit

To quickly edit just the Summary, Description, Story Points and/or Remaining Estimate fields,

1. Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
  2. If your project uses Scrum and is currently in the Planning phase, click Plan; otherwise click Work."

Again, am I misunderstanding something OR is this just about obsolete online help documentation?

Look forward to your comments.

Vicky

Suggest an answer