How to select "Benutzerlimit" in Systeminformationen

peter.fuchs@imperia-ag.de January 8, 2015

I would like to know to select acitve User in a JIRA system .

it's not the acitve attribute in the cwd_user table ...

??

2 answers

0 votes
peter.fuchs@imperia-ag.de February 11, 2015

i am sorry - but i am not satisfied with this answer. we have a test system - where i can try all updates i like to do.

it our JIRA system  we would destroy - so what is the problem with only sharing a select with us?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2015

Because we don't actually know what to do - your data is not understood, so it's pointless trying to do anything other than investigate that. If you need to do this without understanding the data, then the only safe option is to use the gui. If you are determined to do this with SQL, then you need to establish what data to change properly, not just randomly hope something might work.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

I assume you are trying to read whether a user can use JIRA directly from the database?

In which case, it is the active flag in the cwd_user table, but you also need to check if they are in the "can log in" group(s)

peter.fuchs@imperia-ag.de January 8, 2015

are there some standard groups --> "can log in" ?

wie have one – jira_users – but i already checked this .. and still not find my missing users..
with select i get 418 users and in the JIRA - Systemeinstellungen - there are 458 ..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2015

Jira users is the standard one, but you need to check the global permissions page to see if there are others, and don't forget Admins can always log in even if they are not in jira-users. That begs the question of what you mean by "missing users". Why are you running these queries - what exactly is the problem here?

peter.fuchs@imperia-ag.de January 11, 2015

if i select count(*) from cwd_user where active=1 and in membership i get 418 User... but in our frontend there are 458 shown ... so i search for the 40 users... ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2015

Sorry, why are you worried about the contents of cwd_user? You've got 458 users in the front end, that's what JIRA is working with, and that's what you need to work with too.

peter.fuchs@imperia-ag.de February 4, 2015

hi,

sorry for the delay -

i would like to clean up users via database . not search 450 users in the frontend...

therefore i would like to know - which select at the end - is used to get the 458 users in the frontend...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2015

When you say "clean up", what exactly do you mean? You could destroy your Jira if you do the wrong thing here.

peter.fuchs@imperia-ag.de February 9, 2015

i just want to "disable" the old user - But via database -- not via gui. only to set them to inactive does not work

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2015

You really do need to do this in the GUI. As we don't understand what is happening the database, trying to do it there is really asking for trouble.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2015

Could you tell us what user system you are using? Internal (embedded crowd), external crowd, LDAP, something else?

Suggest an answer